Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

Making Hokey Pokey Favourite memory in YEAR 8

Hokey Pokey


In our science class, about a week or later ago we made hokey pokey with three ingredients which is, sugar, corn syrup and baking soda to make it hard and puffy. Most of us got to do it because we where there on that day, some people was not.

When we made the food or sweet we had to use pots, table spoons and Bunsen burner's which is a candle, except it's metal and it need's gas to start it. We used a tripod as well, its a triangle with three legs, and it goes above the Bunsen burner. The method to make the Hokey Pokey is, put the gas pipe from the Bunsen burner onto or into the gas bottle or gas tap, (that's what we used) turn the gas on, light the Bunsen burner with a lighter or match, put the corn syrup and sugar into the pot, stir it for 2 mins, put the baking soda in the pot when 

1 comment:

  1. Hi David

    Making hokey pokey sounds like quite a treat! Mrs Wheeler is a very cool science teacher. I wonder if you could explain more about why this is your favourite memory of Year 8? What makes it stand out!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.