Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

reading 3

  • Tribe - tribe means a group of people who lives together and hunts together
  • Harvest - harvest means that they gather food for the winter or replant the seeds that they took out
  • ancestor - ancestor means that it’s  a long gone person in your family and you could find them with ancestor DNA


  • A boy and his iwi went hunting for some bore.
  • The family met there Tipuna two years ago and went fishing
  • The boy went out at night to Hauhake the food before his iwi did.

I ask questions to get this and understand my work and maori words for tribe, harvest and ancestor.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    I really like how you took the feedback from class today and showed your before and after work. It was great that you ask questions to clarify the glossary task, and your sentences using te reo Maori words show me that you have understood the new vocabulary from the reading.

    Keep up this great work!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.