Pages

Friday 14 May 2021

The making of my sawhorse for VoT

Manufacture of a Sawhorse using Hand tools for my Building Construction Industry Trades Organisation qualification.


In term 1, 2021 I learnt how to use hand tools to manufacture a Saw Horse to a specific size from a set of drawings.This took about 6 weeks (24 hrs) I will explain how to make a sawhorse in this blog post


Here is my finished project.






This project was made by using hand tools only. No powered tools were used apart from a batterypowered drill to drill the holes for the screws.


I enjoyed Cutting the angles the most as well as the drilling


I found Measuring out the legs so they would sit flat the most difficult part.

I overcame this by laying it flat on the workbench and measuring it that way.


To make a sawhorse I carried out the following processes.


  • Marking out the top.

  • Cutting the joints



  • Hand sawing the leg ends.



  • Marking out / planing the legs





  • Fixing the legs



  • Attaching the end piece and support.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.