Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Figurative Writing, English

Simile: A simile is a way to explain what something looks like or sounds like: He was as smart as than a dolphin. The plane was as big as a whale. The hyena sounded as if it was laughing at someone.

Metaphor: a figure of speech to connect two things that don't go together without using 'like' or 'as': 
his car was a shiny white pearl. The plane was a small bird. The fish was a skewer.

Idiom: an expression or phrase comparing two or more words: "Stop talking to me, you driving me crazy!" "your going to run me off going to give me a heart attack if you keep doing this" "if we play the right cards, we could hit the jackpot"

Alliteration: The tree tried to tie the rope to a tree branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.