Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

Science

Aim: To show the hydrogen gas is produced when a metal reacts with acid.

Hypothesis: I should see bubbling from the metal, if I put a match in the test tube I should hear crackling or one big bang.

Science Experiment

Equipment: a test tube, a boiling tube, bunsen burner, wooden splint, a bottle of acid, a piece of metal, safety glasses.
Method

1. light your bunsen burner

2. Add your sample of metal to your test tube. Add 2 mL of acid.

3.Carefully invert the boiling tube above the test tube containing the metal and acid.

4. Hold the test tubes together for a few minutes, allowing time for the inverted boiling tube to fill with gas

5. When you think the tube is full your lab partner should light a wooden splint.

6. Carefully, but quickly, tilt the boiling tube full of gas upwards and insert the burning splint into the mouth of the test tube.


Observations: My group saw bubbling straight away when the metal hit the acid, the metal we used was 

Discussion:

Condusion:

1 comment:

  1. Great Method for your blog David, make to to finish off the Discussion and Conclusion!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.