Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Character Paragraph TWTWB

 A key moment for Ellie, in Tomorrow When The War Began, is when she blows up the lawnmower. It is important for her as a character because it is the first time she has ever killed someone which results in trauma. In chapter seven, Ellie and two of her friends are hiding from invaders. At this moment she is scared that her and her friends are going to get caught. Ellie thinks quickly to develop a plan to protect her friends and escape from the soldiers by using the lawnmower as a bomb by putting a rag in the gas tank and lighting it. This moment shows the reader that Ellie is brave, smart, capable of leadership. A quote that shows Ellie’s courage is on page ninety “for the first time I saw their faces and struck the match”. This shows that Eille’s action saved their lives in a life and death situation. This is a moment that stays with Eillie fora long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.